If you’re looking for Indian railway reservations, turn to Travels in India. For those facing difficulties with IRCTC registration or seeking a hassle-free arrangement, Travels in India convenient railway services come highly recommended. We handle Indian railway reservations for a fee of 400 Rs per leg. Why not enjoy the unique views and landscapes of Indian Railways, something you won’t experience on a plane? If you need railway tickets from Delhi to Agra, we suggest the ‘Delhi to Agra Railway Ticket + Agra Station to Taj Mahal or Hotel Transfer’ package for 600 Rs, which includes handling fees and transfers. For those who want a worry-free and smooth journey, we recommend packages that include railway tickets along with day tours or half-day tours. If you have specific preferences for original sightseeing like Taj Mahal + Old Town exploration, please feel free to inquire.
Indian Railways boasts an extensive network, covering over 60,000 kilometers of track, making it one of the world’s largest railway systems. With numerous routes crisscrossing the vast expanse of India, it connects most cities, serving a large number of citizens and travelers. Consequently, securing tickets can be competitive, and seats in higher classes or those with air conditioning tend to fill up quickly. Foreigner quotas for seats are available for booking 60 days in advance (excluding certain trains), and we recommend making reservations well in advance, as even booking a few weeks prior can be challenging to secure your preferred time and class. Furthermore, ticket prices may vary for the same seat, and popular tickets can sell out quickly. Please be aware that the longer the gap between our guidance and your purchase, the more challenging it may be to obtain your desired tickets.
- Consultation for Reservations: We accept reservations inquiries through phone, WhatsApp, or email.
- Providing Railway Schedule and Fare Information: We will guide you on railway schedules and fares via phone or email.
- Required Information for Reservation: When making a reservation, we need the names as per the passport, passport numbers, dates of birth, and genders for all passengers. Please ensure accuracy as corrections cannot be made after booking.
- Payment Options: Payments can be made through PayPal or local payment (with an initial PayPal deposit). We add our service fee (400 Rs per leg) and a PayPal fee of 6% to the railway ticket fare and provide you with the total cost. Please note that PayPal incurs fees due to credit card transactions, which will be borne by you. Local payments also require an initial PayPal deposit.
- Reservation and Ticketing: Your reservation and ticket issuance will proceed once the payment is confirmed. After ticketing, we will send you an electronic travel ticket (e-ticket) via email. Please print it and carry it with you.
- Cancellation Policy: Tickets booked under the foreigner quota cannot be refunded upon cancellation. Please take note of this policy.
On the Day of Travel:
- Arrival at the Station: We recommend arriving at the station 45 minutes before your departure time.
- Platform Access: As there are no ticket gates, please proceed directly to the platform where your train will stop.
- Boarding the Train: Board the train when your reserved train arrives at the platform.
- Seat Allocation: Some train tickets may not have seat numbers printed. In such cases, check for a paper passenger list near the entrance doors of the train you intend to use.
- Ticket Inspection: Train conductors will request your passport and the printed e-ticket (e-ticket) from you.
Changes and Cancellations:
If you need to make changes or cancellations after the ticketing process has started, a predetermined cancellation fee will apply. The cancellation service fee is 400 Rs per leg. Cancellation fees are based on Indian Railways’ cancellation policy.
The foreigner quota is easier to book but does not offer refunds upon cancellation, so we recommend making your reservation after careful consideration.
Tickets: After confirming your booking, we will send the electronic travel ticket (e-ticket) to the email address you provided. Please ensure that the information on your passport, including your name, passport number, date of birth, and gender, matches the details on the passport you will be carrying.
Station Selection: In cities like Delhi, Agra, and Varanasi, there may be 2-4 different stations. Please confirm the name of the station you intend to use in advance to avoid any confusion.
Train Delays: Train delays are common in India, and platform changes may occur. It’s advisable to arrive at the station earlier than your reservation time. Please check the electronic display boards, announcements, and ask station staff for the latest information. We are not responsible for railway services, including delays and sudden cancellations, as these are managed by the railway companies.
Precautions: Be cautious of suspicious individuals selling high-priced railway tickets at stations. Proceed to your train without engaging with them. For safety reasons, we recommend making reservations in the foreigner quota (upper classes only). Please be aware that railway ticket fares and service fees may change periodically due to changes in social conditions and railway company regulations.